Multi-color images are called multi-spectral imaging, and when moving from a few spectral channels to a continuous spectrum of several hundred channels, it is called hyperspectral imaging. Hyperspectral data has many possible applications, from classifying underwater vegetation to monitoring surface pollution.
Our hyperspectral orthophoto covers the visible light spectral regions (400-700 nm), near infrared (700-1000 nm) and short-wave infrared (1000-2500 nm) in nearly 500 channels. With such accuracy, one can uncover even small differences in the spectral signature on the surface, which can then be used for different classifications.
The possible applications are almost endless. Urban planners, environmental researchers, forest owners, road managers and most people can access unique decision-making and planning tools. We can supply the datasets as a whole or offer separate analyses and classifications.
Some practical applications:
- Automatic extraction of objects from a large dataset, for example, asbestos roofs, solar panels, rare plants, oil spills
- Overall classification of surface types: building, vegetation, glass roof, pavement, water
- Classification inside subclasses: different materials in rooftops, different types of vegetation, different types of pavements
- Condition assessment of different subclasses: vegetation health, damage and wear on buildings, new verses old asphalt
- Water, seabed and beach zone: depths in water, classification of underwater vegetation, turbidity in water, algae concentration, heavy metals
- Environmental monitoring: surface pollution and pollution in the air over the city
Get in touch
Charles de Jongh
+47 465 77 931
+ 46 702 553 554
+35 850 491 5180
Field has a history of aerial surveying dating back to the 1950s. We offer high-quality sensor services that deliver accurate data for digital products and decision making. Our unique competency and our fleet of ultramodern aircraft and sensors can meet even the most challenging project requirements. We have our own line of unmanned aerial surveying systems and also partner with local service providers worldwide. Explore more Field Aerial Surveying services below.